Wednesday 1 February 2012

Game of Thrones: The Scrolls of Rob Dragur

If you haven't watched series one, they may be some spoilers... Just sayin'

Eddard "Ned" Stark
Firstly, I feel I need to make a confession, slightly off topic, and slightly unprofessional I know. (if you can even call my incoherent, deluded ramblings professional) I did something I thought I would never ever do yesterday, I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did it anyway and like all things you know you shouldn't do, but do anyway, I now feel guilty, ridiculed and ashamed. I played CODMW3. Yes that's right, I played the new Call of Duty game and I can honestly say I wasn't impressed, nice shiny graphics and more ways to spew death at unsuspecting "noobs" online than ever before aside, (when I say this, I obviously mean I was on the recieving end, rather than the one dealing the death to those so called Noobs) I found the game play slow and muddy, everything seemed to be slow to react and generally I found it less fascinating than watching a documentary about paintings of people watching paint dry. I mean I only played Black Ops because my brother and his mate bullied me into it, and even then I didn't enjoy it, it felt like I was being coerced to slowly insert a weasel through a mangle whilst a German man played an ompah on a tuba in the background. I think I should stick to Skyrim and the lands of Tamriel. I seem to have an obsession with naming all the weapons I create after things from Game of Thrones. (See, knew I'd get there eventually) Cue names like Eddard's Bow of Fire, Valyrian Sword of Sparks etc etc. I know this probably ranks me reasonably high in the charts of ridiculously sad old fuckers who play video games, but screw it, it's my life, who are you to judge?

Tyrion Lannister
So, Game of Thrones, the epically epic series which saw Sean Bean investigate the death of a friend, John Arryn, who just so happened to be the hand of the king of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, a task given to him by King Robert, Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and old friend of "Ned's" (played by Mark Addy), only to be double crossed, caught and beheaded just when he'd found out the truth! Cue me gasping and swearing at my screen, "Noooooooooo!" I cried, you can't kill off Bean "For Pity's sake!" Well, after waiting for what seems like the length of a Winter in "The North" series/season 2 is coming, and I for one am more excited than a dog deprived of the chance to lick it balls going to a ball licking contest. Now perhaps the most intriguing character to emerge during the first series was that of Tyrion Lannister, (played by Peter Dinklage) a man whose 'Short Comings' were outweighed by his fantastic dialogue, his tremendous wit and his incredulous charm. It will be very interesting to see where the new series takes us, as I for one have yet to read the series of Books the show is based around "Of Ice and Fire". The Seven Kingdoms were on the brink of civil war, with many of the leading noble families ready to choose sides, and a threat from across the seas also hung in the air. And what with the addition of a new dragon being born right at the end, that was enough to peak my interest entirely. I'll be honest, I looked at Game of Thrones as being something I could have lived without watching, but one day, whilst ill, I watched the first episode, and eventually spent the rest of the day watching the entirety of the series! Hence my excitement for the new one. Well we wait no longer, for it is scheduled to start in April! Three months to go, and with the second half of The Walking Dead to start soon, that should happily fill the gap til it's time for some more swordplay, nudity, midgets, eunuchs and the word cunt! Beware, Winter is coming.


2 comments:

  1. Jon Arryn was the hand to the king, not the king himself. Sean bean's character, Eddard Stark, in investigating his death, took up the very same role to King Robert that was originally filled by Arryn. King Robert has been king since Jaime Lannister killed the Mad King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that's right, I shall amend the text now. Thank you for pointing out my mistake :)

    ReplyDelete